Auto Insurance in Medford, OR
Having the right auto insurance policy can help protect you financially if you are involved in an accident or your vehicle is damaged. An auto insurance policy is designed to provide you with a layer of protection against property, liability and medical costs following an accident. But choosing the right auto insurance can be overwhelming. Reach out to our agency today to learn more about auto insurance and find the policy that’s right for you.
How Auto Insurance Works
Auto insurance may offer protection against a variety of risks. When you purchase car insurance, you enter an agreement with an insurance provider. In exchange for your premium, the insurance company agrees to pay for specific financial losses that might occur during your policy term.
Working closely with an experienced agent is crucial to understand your car insurance options. Contact World of Insurance in Medford, Oregon, for a personalized auto insurance quote.
How Much Auto Insurance Do You Need?
Determining the right amount of car insurance depends on several factors, including your vehicle’s value, your driving habits and your financial situation.
Most states, including Oregon, have minimum insurance requirements, but these might not provide sufficient protection.
Liability coverage is a mandatory aspect of car insurance in most states. This policy may help cover damages and injuries you cause to others.
Full coverage car insurance can offer more financial protection if you have a newer or more expensive vehicle.
Comprehensive and collision insurance is optional under state law but may be required by the lienholder if you lease or finance a vehicle. These policies may help cover damage to your car resulting from collisions, theft, vandalism or natural disasters.
What Do Auto Insurance Policies Cover?
Depending on the policy you choose, your coverages will vary. Here are some of the most popular coverages:
- Collision insurance—This portion of your policy helps cover damage costs if you are involved in a collision.
- Liability insurance—If you are at fault in a wreck, this type of coverage helps insure you against any damage you cause others. Most states, including Oregon, require drivers to carry minimum amounts of liability insurance. There are two kinds of coverage included in liability insurance:
- Property damage liability—This coverage helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property (e.g., their car).
- Bodily injury liability—This coverage helps pay for medical bills and sometimes death benefits for the other person involved in the wreck.
- Medical payments (MedPay) insurance—This portion of your policy helps you pay for the medical bills of you and your passengers if you are involved in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance—This type of coverage helps you cover the cost of damages caused by someone who doesn’t have adequate auto insurance, specifically liability coverage.
- Comprehensive insurance—This portion of your policy covers damages that are not related to a wreck, such as theft, weather damage or vandalism.
There may be additional coverages that will be necessary based on your unique situation. Be sure to ask our agency how we can tailor your auto coverage to your needs.
How to Get Auto Insurance
World of Insurance LLC is committed to helping you find a policy to fit your specific needs. Reach out to us today to start the conversation or to get a quote.